Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mogwai


Going to see Mogwai tonight. Finally. I've always wanted to catch this Glaswegian band but never got a chance to. They play a brand of music of such epic proportions that drowns in sound. Yup. Drowns in sound. Apt. Not half as accessible as Sigur Ros or The Album Leaf types but not nearly as abstract as Godspeed You Black Emperor instrumentalists (I forget where the "!!"s go for GYBE!?).

I'd put Mogwai on the same-ish stratosphere as Explosions In The Sky. But then, I take that all back. See, Mogwai are a beastial tour de force and they've weathered the stratosphere for a long while. These guys bleed cool and command our adoration. At least for me.

Obviously I'm looking forward to tonight's gig. Plus, I got pretty good seats too so yeah yeah yeah... =)

P.s. I love all the aforementioned bands.

Listening to: "Friend Of The Night" by Mogwai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home